HydraFacial is an innovative new medical technology that treats a number of skin conditions to create clearer, more beautiful skin. The patented medical-grade device that cleanses the skin, clears blocked pores, and hydrates skin. HydraFacial also saturates the skin with beneficial compounds to make skin radiate with health.
HydraFacial features the use of a patented Vortex-Fusion delivery system, which is a double-helix vortex treatment wand that has two chambers. Each chamber performs a different task. One chamber of the wand draws dirt dead and skin cells from the skin, while the other pumps the skin full of hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, growth factors, and other soothing nutrients. HydraFacial acts essentially as a chemical peel, microdermabrasion, and hydrating mask all in one treatment. The advanced approach also prepares the skin for other treatments that penetrate deeper into the skin.
The HydraFacial procedure is virtually pain-free because each swipe of the smooth, plastic-tipped wand deposits liquid onto the skin – patients never feel skin pulling or scraping. Unlike other facial treatments, HydraFacial does not involve needling, pinching, abrasion or other actions that cause discomfort. HydraFacial is very gentle, and provides optimal results without any uncomfortable burning or unpleasant reactions. The treatment does use gentle acids, so some patients may experience a slight tingling sensation.
The HydraFacial device uses special spiral tips along with proprietary vacuum technology that creates a vortex effect to dislodge and remove impurities easily and painlessly. The system simultaneously delivers hydrating skin solutions and moisturizers in the form of serums.
The serums used in HydraFacial contain nutrients that perform a number of actions. Some provide deep cleaning and peel away dead skin cells; this gentle exfoliation and resurfacing action uncovers a new layer of skin that is more radiant and young looking. Other nutrients saturate the newly exposed top layer of skin to optimize the effects of the HydraFacial treatment.
Many serums contain antioxidants that protect the skin from free radicals, which are unstable molecules that can damage skin cells. A few serums promote the body’s production of collagen, which is the connective tissue that keeps skin looking plump and prevents the formation of lines and wrinkles. Some inhibit the production of melanin, a naturally occurring compound that causes dark spots and uneven skin tones.
Depending on the patient’s individual needs, HydraFacial serums may contain a mixture of:
- Glycerin – allows skin to retain moisture
- Oligopeptide-68 – purifies skin to brighten, exfoliate, and cleanse the skin while relaxing the facial contractions that lead to wrinkles
- Nonapeptide-1 – a skin lightener that evens out skin tones and diminishes the appearance of dark spots
- Diglucosyl gallic acid – an antioxidant that protects against damaging sunlight, corrects redness, removes age spots, evens skin tone, and brightens skin
- N-acetyl glucosamine – repairs and treats sun damage, reduces the appearance of wrinkles, accelerates wound healing, improves skin tone, reduces hyperpigmentation, and increases the production of hyaluronic acid that helps skin retain water and stay lubricated and moist
- Growth factors – natural substances made by the skin cells that help repair damaged skin, and promote the formation of collagen and elastin to promote firmness and elasticity in the skin
- Octapeptide-3 – an anti-aging and anti-wrinkle compound that penetrates deeply into the skin to repair damage from free radicals
- Palmitoyl dipeptides-5 – improves the elasticity, firmness, and overall volume of skin by stimulating the production of collagen
- Vitamin C – an antioxidant that protects skin from the damaging effects of free radicals caused by exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light; also inhibits the production of melanin to lighten brown spots and hyperpigmentation, enhance skin radiance, and even out skin tone
- Alpha-arbutin – extracted from bearberries, blueberries, and cranberries, alpha-arbutin works as a skin-brightening ingredient; it also helps to fade scars and pigmentation resulting from sun damage and acne breakouts
Benefits of HydraFacial
HydraFacial is fast and painless, and no special preparation is necessary. A typical HydraFacial session lasts about a half hour and has virtually no downtime, so patients can resume their normal activities almost immediately after treatment. The effects of HydraFacial, such as fewer visible pores and wrinkles, better skin texture, firmness, and a glowing complexion, are visible right away.
Because it uses gentle vacuum-powered extraction methods and does not use steam to soften pores, HydraFacial can even work for people with sensitive skin. Furthermore, our dermatologist can customize the treatment and serums to suit almost every kind of skin. Only those with an active rash, sunburn, or rosacea should avoid HydraFacial – it is as safe for teenagers with acne as it is for older adults with sun damage and hyperpigmentation.
HydraFacial addresses a number of skin problems, such as:
- Loss of elasticity and firmness
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Rough skin
- Uneven tone and dull skin
- Brown spots
- Enlarged pores
- Oily, congested skin
HydraFacial is safe, consistent, and reliable. Patients can expect the same great outcome every time they have a HydraFacial. Consumers can also ask their dermatologists to customize their HydraFacial treatments to address specific problems. Some specific formulations of HydraFacial serum ingredients can treat specific dark spots and sun damaged areas, for example. Other formulations address fine lines and diminish wrinkles, or even out and brighten skin tones.
For more information about HydraFacial treatment and its benefits, give us a call at 503-297-3440 or schedule your appointment online today.